Text Size: A A

Frequently Asked Questions > FAQ > How do I complain about or compliment a service or individual?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

First of all work out which organisation is supplying the service or employing the individual. Then look at their complaints procedure, or if they have one customer feedback system, which should tell you what to do. If you need some help to make a complaint or a compliment, advocacy services may be able to help you.

There are some cases where you do not want to tell the provider directly about your complaint. You may be able to tell the Care Quality Commission about your concerns and get help from them. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of all health and adult social care in England. Their aim is to make sure better care is provided for everyone, whether that’s in hospital, in care homes, in people’s own homes, or elsewhere. Call 03000 616161 to find out more.

To complement or make a complaint about Devon County Council look at this webpage for more information. If you are not satisfied with the outcome and have received a final response you may be able to contact the Local Authority Ombudsman which looks at complaints about Councils. Call 0300 061 0614 to find out more.

To complain about Health Services contact the health provider concerned. If you are not satisfied with the outcome and have received a final response the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman, an independent body that investigates complaints against the National Health Service and Local Health Authorities, may be able to help. Call 0345 015 4033 to find out more.

Last updated on April 9, 2012 by Devon Carers