Text Size: A A

Frequently Asked Questions > FAQ > How do I find out about help at home?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Social Services can advise you about whether the person you care for will be eligible for care at home. To request an assessment for the person you care for call Care Direct on 0845 1551 007.

Or if you care for an adult with a learning disability call the contact telephone numbers for the Learning Disability Help Desks across Devon listed at

Or if you care for a child with additional needs it is advisable to get advice from a specialist organisation before considering any referrals or changes to services. A good first step is to contact Parent Carers Voice for advice because this organisation supports families of children with special needs. They have a website Alternatively for Parent Carers Voice in Exeter and East Devon call 01392 201 572, in Northern and Mid Devon call 01237 459 111 or for Teignbridge, South Hams and West Devon call 01803 863 761.

Another option is to contact the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator at your child's school or pre-school. Or you can speak to your General Practitioner or other Health Professional.

Last updated on April 9, 2012 by Devon Carers